Happy 2011!

January 4, 2011

I don't know about you, but I am very much looking forward to 2011.  2010 was great, don't get me wrong, but I was sort of in a daze.  The year started with a newborn (plus 2 other kids) and ended with a walking, (sorta) talking, toddler!  There's nothing like a baby to mark the passage of time.

I can't tell you the number of times I thought about sitting down to write something about 2010 that was thoughtful and (hopefully) a little meaningful, but it just never came.  It was, however, a great, blessed year.  I am sure of that.  And as for resolutions, I do make them every year.  (I love a fresh start!)  This time, however, they are either a bit boring or personal or maybe I just feel like the odds of sticking to them will be higher if I keep them to myself.

Before I forget, I wanted to share a couple of links to Kim's blog.  She posted some of the photos she took of our family back in November.  It's funny, she told me that she wanted to take some of just B and me.  I was like, "Hmmmm....that really won't be necessary.  Won't be needing those.  I would much rather see pictures of my kids any day!  And I hate looking at pictures of myself."  But she insisted and I am glad she did.  Now we will actually remember what we looked like during this time.  ;-)

Link to the kids.
Link to the grown-ups.
And one more.
{this was part of a series trying to recapture my very favorite photo of my kids from the year before}

19 comments:

  1. you have the prettiest children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures! Looks like such a sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ABSOLUTELY stunning pictures. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a pretty pretty family. lovely shots. family photos are such a treasure, no? happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful photos jora! i am sooo with you on keeping the resolutions to myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My, oh my! You have a gorgeous family. Happy 2011! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These two pictures of all 3 kids are winners in my book. So well done, Jora with the beautiful babes and Kim with the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG. Those were wonderful. Wow. The grown-ups AND the kiddos. Remember, the kiddos will someday be curious about what mommy looked like back in the day. So you get in the shots too. Plus, sheesh, what's not to like? You are so lovely and photograph beautifully.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  9. You, your family, and your home are just beautiful, and these images (every single one of them) reflect that perfectly.

    Happy new year Jora! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. kristen (in the berkeley hills)January 6, 2011 at 9:24 PM

    Great pictures, Jora! I have some great photos of my mom and dad (pre-divorce, obviously) when they were in their late 30s/early 40s. In a collection of about 13,500 pictures of my 2 kids I realize now.....I have but one or two really decent ones of the husband and I . I think it was a great idea to get those done - someday you will love and treasure them even more, and so will your kids. And...I'm with you about keeping resolutions to yourself. I actually think keeping goals to yourself makes them feel more real, somehow. ps: flora and henri sale on now. I have resisted...but the temptation is there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pictures are lovely. I always feel goofy in pictures but when I see great ones like these it makes me want pictures done! They are such a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure you get this all the time but your children are beautiful! I love your blog! littlethingshpw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I clicked a link to your blog so long ago I can't even remember where I clicked from! But I finally got around to checking it out - and I have to say, all kids are beautiful but yours are some of the most stunning children I've ever seen! I'm loving looking through your previous posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos.

    My son would love that dragon cape. Would you mind sharing where you purchased?

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a bunch of cuties! The black and white effects made them even more adorable! Greap pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhhh myyyyy goooodnesssssss those kinds are ridiculously adorable! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...