A Quick Trip to L.A. and the Two Sweetest Babies on the Internet.

December 6, 2010

Hi friends!  I took a quick trip last week with the bebe to Los Angeles to visit B who had work to do there. Here's a little recap:

Super easy drive up, Little E slept the whole way, I got to make calls to all my girlfriends.  An awesome lunch at Lucques with B (that may be my favorite restaurant yet), including a kabocha squash salad that I cannot get out of my head.   A visit to the Heath store, to the hotel to relax a bit, a stroll through Beverly Hills to put the baby to sleep, then a bottle of wine and a light dinner al fresco at some random Italian place.  Friday morning we walked with B to coffee, saw Larry King (say it in your head in his voice: "Do you have a job yet, Emilia?" and then later, "Good luck to you, Emilia.").  Fun lunch at Gjelina in Venice with Kristina and possibly the cutest 9 month old to date (hi Dashiell!) and some light shopping along Abbott Kinney.  A stop at Huckleberry and then a visit with our dear friend Angie, who also watched Little E so we could go to Osteria Mozza that night.  Like I said, a dear, dear friend.  Fabulous dinner with hubby at Mozza to end the eve.

Saturday morning I woke up feeling a bit off.  Went to breakfast and saw Larry King again.  He was stalking us.  Started feeling SUPER SICK.  Realized it was mastitis.  Don't ever get it.  It is awful.  Husband had to have an Inteligentsia coffee before we left town, so went back down to Venice.  Got "spotted" by a new friend named Rachel (and her cute baby Lilah!)....B was sorta impressed, I must say.

Drove back.  Stayed super sick till the next day when the antibiotics finally kicked in.  And just so you don't have to take my word for it, here are the two sweetest babies on the Internet (after our lunch at Gjelina):

{i told kristina i have already given little e the go-ahead to marry dashiell....isn't he the cutest?!}
  

17 comments:

  1. Oh look at them! What a pair they make. Except Dashiell looks like such a little guy compared to E. She's so mature on her rocking horse. Soooo great to see you! Lucques is on of my all time faves too. You need the cookbook.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! So glad you had a good time - thanks again for the Mozza cookies! Wanna borrow that cookbook again? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!

    I am so sorry for your mastitis. I had it two times, and I know what that means.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. kristina...yes, i do need that cookbook!
    aliceq....so, yes, can i borrow it again??
    sandy...thank you. i am sorry for the times you had it. not fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you will not get an argument from me on the cuteness of those two babies. sounds like a great weekend. i hope your feeling much improved physically.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you had a wonderful time... to balance out the 'not-fun-at-all' time upon your return! (crazy that you saw Mr. King- 2x's!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am so sorry you got sick. Yuck. The worst. It seems like every time Michael and I go on a date longer than 5 hours, my chest ends up paying for it. Again, sorry. I LOVE Intelligensia coffee and I do believe they mail order. Worth every penny. Was the photo above taken at the kid's store across the street? If it is the same, they have super cute shoes there, don't they! One last thing. Lucques, short ribs, delightful. It's been several kids and years later since we've been. Ah....thanks for this post loved everything about it except for you getting sick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Won't that get confusing, having two son-in-laws named Dashiell? :) Glad you had fun and hope you're feeling all better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had mastitis with Maia, and it is so crazy. One minute you are fine, the next you have a fever, chills, the whole bit. so sorry to hear it happened on vacay! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jora! It was so nice meeting you -- what a fun, chance encounter on Abbott Kinney. My husband is still laughing at me for my "I-love-your-work" moment! Glad you had a good time in LA and hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must have had breakfast at Nate 'n Al's deli to see Larry King twice--we did too on our trip to LA in October.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a very fun weekend! (Can i guess that you stayed at the Beverly Wilshire, because when i've stayed there in the past, my husband and I always see Larry King) :)

    On a whole different note, I truly love your blog and wanted you to know that I make your chicken soup recipe all the time! Especially since I live the in the Colorado mountains- that soup really warms my family up in this snowy weather we've had lately...

    Hope you're feeling better.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a fun weekend, minus the god-awful mastitis! But now I have visions of Larry King hiding behind a rock in your yard. Hehe! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  14. brown cat and anonymous: we saw larry king at coffee bean on beverly dr. (?) one day (actually b saw him there the day before i got there too if you can believe it!) and then yes, at nate and al's for breakfast. we stayed at l'ermitage in bh. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  15. rachel: so fun meeting you too! if you are ever in san diego, email me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jora...you are my hero...traveling with three children? You inspire me everyday...so tomorrow, if the weather gives me a break, I'll try to make good use of my Phil$Teds and will head to the market with both boys (500 yards away...) :)
    [I hope you feel better!]

    ReplyDelete
  17. sounds like the perfect trip. minus the mastitis. awful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...