B's Special Night.

October 24, 2012

A few months back, B reached a certain *milestone* of sorts.  I wanted to honor him in a way that would be meaningful and fun, and, of course, in a way that he would appreciate.  I decided a gathering involving delicious food and wine in a beautiful setting with just his close friends (this wasn't my party after all!) would fit the bill.  The only tricky part would be keeping it a secret from him because I knew he would say no if I gave him a choice.  But I figured, hey, there are only a couple of occasions your friends will fly from all over the country and show actually show up for....and this was one of them.  So I took matters into my own hands, and planned the party.  (Which included making it a top priority that Kim be there to photograph the evening.)

{boulette's larder seemed an obvious choice as b had declared it his "favorite place ever"...and see that right there?  that's a reflection of the bay bridge in the window... mmhmm}


{i have to catch my breath a little every time i look at their kitchen}


{the guests waiting for us to arrive}
{still can't believe he was actually surprised}
{i'm so happy alice got to come because b is such good friends with her husband james...can't you tell?}


{b's friend michael brought all of the wine....he knows b's taste better than i do.....thank you, michael!!}


{all i remember about this salad is that it had pickled ramps....it was ridiculously delicious}
{favorite part of the evening was that almost every single person gave a toast...we laughed, we cried, we loved every minute}


{night caps were had at the place of one of our very first dates}
{we may have been a little, ahem, bleary-eyed by the end of the night, but it was well-earned}
Thank you, Kim, once again for the beautiful photos!!!

26 comments:

  1. Jora, I love that you arranged such a wonderful and thoughtful celebration. The photos are beautiful. You are the best wife ever friend xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Jora. what a wonderful event and how nice of you to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So grown up. I love it. I especially love how happy B looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly beautiful ! Nicely done! Please give B best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you ARE a good wife! Very nicely orchestrated all around. Many happy returns to B.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously lovely! I have never planned a surprise party for J but I feel like I might need to step my game up a bit if I ever do after seeing these gorgeous pictures :) Looks like it was a wonderful night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surprise parties are always a lot of fun, glad it worked out for you! Do you mind sharing where your dress and shoes are from? You looked stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jora, the pictures are beautiful and it looks like one of those truly memorable evenings. What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a thoughtful, beautiful event! Thank you for sharing it. Your husband looks incredibly happy in these photos! Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dreamy...And so fun you pulled it off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Jora, and congrats to B! I LOVE Boulevard! What an amazing evening you pulled off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The party and photos are divine! What a wonderful way to spend time with friends honoring B. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous event...for the setting and all the thought put into it. Looks like a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is all so gorgeous. I'm inspired to get something planned for my hubby's next milestone birthday! Those shoes are so cool....I'd also love to details about them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. Looks like a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great night, I love the flowers especially... and please let me know what the hell pickled ramps are? Never heard of them here in Ireland!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. really wonderful!..you and your hubby must really love each other!
    nice event by the way, it seemed perfectly planned, congrats:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds wonderful, Jora-- what a loving gift!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow. is all i can say about that kitchen. and your dress! and the whole affair.
    stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow. is all i can say about that kitchen. and your dress. the whole affair. stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This was truly one of the best birthday parties I've ever been to! The food was to die for, the look on B's face when he came in was priceless, everyone's genuine and heartfelt toasts made me hope that I have such good friends when I'm 50, plus you looked absolutely STUNNING. I want to know about that dress and those shoes, as well. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great night - I still have the videos on my phone to prove it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. incredible. wife of the year! love everything about this. ox

    ReplyDelete
  24. incredible. wife of the year. I love everything about this. ox

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks like the perfect party! I am looking forward to throwing one like this for my bday.
    I have really enjoyed coming across your blog. Congrats on your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful pictures, I am inspired to throw myself a party like this. I really enjoyed coming across your blog. I will visit it more often. Congrats on your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...