Aloha!

February 9, 2011

{our pretty pink hotel}
Aloha to all!  We are back from a quick trip to the islands.  Little E and I tagged along on B's work trip and had a blast! Below are some super random thoughts in no particular order.

{pretty, but more important... delicious}
1.  The mai tai is one very, very fine drink.  It truly is all it is cracked up to be.  I was relieved to find a recipe for the "Scratch Mai Tai" that they served at our hotel (the best we had by far on our trip).  I know what we will be serving this spring and summer!

2.  Drinking said mai tais and eating chocolate covered macadamia nuts for four days straight does not leave a girl feeling......um..... her skinniest?

{the "greeter" at the hotel}
3.  B and I agreed: we have never seen our baby happier (or maybe any of our kids for that matter).  Little E was blissed out the whole trip.  Don't know if it was because she had our undivided (relaxed) attention, or if the island air was what she needed, or maybe she is supposed to live there one day?  No matter, we loved watching her find her groove.  :-)

4.  I don't believe I could ever ever ever tire of sitting outside in a sundress at 8 o'clock in the evening.

5.  That island air makes for good hair.  And this is coming from a girl who almost never likes the way her hair looks.

6.  We lucked out and found the sweetest babysitter ever!  She helped us with Little E everyday we were there, and it gave mama and daddy some much-needed time away.

7.  I could eat tuna tartare/sashimi/poke everyday and never tire of it.  I think it's kinda '80s or whatever, but I don't care.  We ate it everyday, sometimes multiple times.

8.  Are island people happier?  Simpler?  Don't know any different?  What is it?  If there are any Hawaiians out there, please enlighten.
{lovely sitting area}
{lacy trees}
{lush}
{blurry, happy baby...seriously, this was her demeanor the whole time!} 
{sweet cheeks}
{good hair days were had by all}
{another spot to sit}
Glad to be back, peoples.  xoxo

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! What island were you on? We take a trip to Kauai every two years, and it is by far my most favorite vacation spot. We just went in December, and my 2 year old and my cousin's 1 year old little girl were SO happy the whole time they were there, happier than being at home it seemed. I think the little ones just know they are in a special place and want us to bring them back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is quite a drink - I feel buzzed just looking at it! Love the picture of Little E at the door too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you all enjoyed the trip to Hawaii. Love the pictures. Curious about the drink.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our daughters have the very same hair. Seeing E's makes me think of my little one's do, which makes me smile.

    How very wonderful that you got to have such a good getaway.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm daydreaming about escaping to Hawaii. Where did you stay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does not only look wonderful, but also sounds amazing!
    Now I badly wanna go to Hawaii and have a MaiTai :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, what a wonderful trip! I love the photo of her curls, precious! I, too, would never grow tired of wearing a sundress at 8pm. So glad you got away and relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aloha! I love all this: happy baby, those trees, sundresses, the return of the Mai tai. I'm in freezing NYC and this was almost too much :) welcome home. (ps: I've never been to Hawaii--so wrong, no??)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh so lovely...and she is precious! I have never been to Hawaii, but have been to the Caribbean. And I agree. Happy people live on islands. I think it's all the vitamin D. And rum, possibly? :)
    Best,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! We are headed there later this year.

    I can't believe you don't like your hair. It always looks perfect to me! And E is just the sweetest thing ever.

    PS. Nice photos! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you stay at the Royal Hawaiian on Oahu? We stayed there a few years ago and I loved it! They do indeed have the best Mai Tais! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. so happy you had such a blast!!! i was worried that you'd be up at 3 a.m. every morning with the time change. did she adjust well? it looks like she did happy little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhh my gosh, lovely lovely lovely - i totally believe that people who live by the water (wait. i live near the water, so scratch that).. ok people who live by the water in weather that is nice all the time are happier. and they've got the whole surfer vibe thing going and prob smoke pot so that just makes for happier all around too, i bet?

    also, love mei tais!

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.S. I meant to tell you - the best ahi poke type dish i have had in SD is at Bay Park Fish Co. There's is really good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...