Olvera Street.

February 17, 2011

Have you been to Olvera Street in Los Angeles?  Until a couple of days ago, I had not.  We were on our way back from a quick trip up north to stay with B while he was working up there (this is becoming a regular thing I guess!), and had about an hour to kill before the train left.  I ran over with Little E to check it out.  I didn't take any photos, but there are a lot online if you are curious.

Little E and I had a delicious snack of beef taquitos, an icy jamaica tea, and picked up these little goodies for the kids:

The sling shot is for C-Man, the little embroidered purse for JuJu, and the dress and huaraches for Little E, of course.  (I also thought about titling this post "The Best $20 I've Spent in a Long Time.")  The huaraches are killing me in real life.

7 comments:

  1. Oh! I love Olvera Street - I've scored some good finds there too - I LOVE your purchases ;) mmm...now I'm hungry for mango with chili powder and lime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of it but will definitely check it out next time I'm in LA. It looks beautiful and funky. The dress and huaraches are out of control cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmygosh, i'm dying. so sweet. And no, I had no idea.

    PS: love that you took the train. Cool. Maybe when the SF-to-LA hi-speed train happens, I can shop at Olvera St too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the time I lived in LA and I never went! Took the kiddos there a few years ago on a visit to see Gramma and it was so much fun. I'd love to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny how you just wrote about this. I just finished reading Shanghai Girls and not to spoil anything...there is mention of that street and this helps me visualize all the amazing stuff available! ps: AMAZING book!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my very favorite blogs! Love all of it and have used several of your gift ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where can I find one of those sling shots?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...