It's That Time of Year: Swim Lessons.

June 2, 2010

One month ago, JuJu was completely afraid of the water. Like wouldn't put her face in. We recently gave her the same lessons we gave C-Man two years ago and she was swimming in two days. I am not exaggerating. Now she can swim from one end of the pool to the other and she jumps in the water without anyone there to catch her and will swim to the side (see darling video below). I simply can't say enough for these swim lessons. Ten days, a few hundred dollars and you are "guaranteed" a swimmer! The best part, however, is not the swimming part. It is seeing the confidence and pride spread over your two year old's face as she conquers her fear for the first time in her life. Hopefully she will have a lifetime of conquering other fears and learning new (and scary) things! Yay JuJu!

JuJu Swims! from domestic reflections on Vimeo.

17 comments:

  1. I hate that I can't watch these videos until I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I'm sold. Sign my kids up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talked to John this morning, No special deals, sibling or otherwise. Business must be good. But it's plain to see you totally get what you pay for. Hooray Juju!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! My two year old daughter as watched JuJu's video over and over. She cheers every time she jumps in and asked me if she could swim too. Hooray - maybe this is a good sign for her swim lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for brave little swimmers. $400 is waaay outside of my budget. But as someone who just learned to bravely jump into the water last year, I love seeing children take to the water like it’s no sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. anonymous: i can hardly ever
    get my kids to put their swim suits on when they swim!

    yolanda: if you host the lessons at your pool, you get the class for free (like we did)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally doing this same program with Wito this summer! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so brave, Jora! I just love seeing what 2-year-olds can do. I'm taking mine swimming tomorrow - maybe we'll learn to be a little braver, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three cheers for Juju! What a girl.


    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  11. My son did similar swim lessons where we live in FL. It was the same cost and was a 4 week course M-F for 10 minutes each day. He cried during each class, which was difficult. It was totally worth it in the end. They threw him in the pool with his clothes on and he floated on his back and then swam to the side of the pool. BTW Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Juju swims better than I do (seriously...). I HEART Juju videos :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Putting my children in intensive swim courses this January was hands down the best money spent this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, my favourite part? Just as Juju is jumping in she makes that little "ahup" sound. It's the sound that says, "for 2 seconds I'm scared, but I'm brave now, so here I go!" Love. It. Thank you for sharing such an adorable moment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...