To Motherhood.

May 8, 2010

I've read a lot of great stuff on blogs over the past couple of years. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those organized people that keeps track of links and then shares them on their own blogs. I always think I will be able to remember interesting posts, but I have had mommy brain for 5 years now. Not happening.

However. I will never forget a post I read way, way, way back when on Her Bad Mother. It's about being a mom. And I want to share it with you. When you have a quiet moment to yourself (and I hope you do very soon!), click on over. It's beautiful. Here's a teaser. Gives me chills....

"Then we know – if only for a moment, for one long, sweet moment – what it is to be more than one, to be one plus, to have split open and spilled out our blood and our viscera and our spirit and gathered it all back up again in our arms and held it, tight, pressed it to our chests, felt it throbbing and squirming and to have known, to know, what it is to hold one’s soul in one’s arms."

8 comments:

  1. Wow. Intense! Happy Mother's Day to you. I wonder--is mother's day for you a day off? Or very much on? I always want little bit of both myself.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful excerpt. happy mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, tearing up. Didn't expect that. Gorgeous. May we all find a moment to express our own selves with such literary honesty. Why not! After all ya get one chance at this amazing life. Happy Mother's Day. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is the most heart wreching true description of how I perceive motherhood. Thank you Jora for the link. I hope your Mother's Day is happy and all that you want it to be.
    Engracia
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gut-wrenching. I loved it. Thank you and Happy Mother's Day (again). See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait to check it out, thanks!

    happy mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing...and true.

    that photo is perfection.
    happy belated mother's day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet and amazing! thanks so much for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...