1. A New Necklace. My mom gave me this sweet little necklace and I just adore it. I cannot tell you how happy it makes me that there are three little charms on it.
2. DIY Home Fragrance Ideas. I've never been much of a scented candle person, but I must admit there is something so comforting about a well-scented home. Can't bake apple pie everyday though! Thanks to Sarah's nifty ideas, my house smells so warm and yummy now. (If I do say so myself.)
3. Making Granola With the Kids. I am convinced that granola is the easiest, most satisfying thing to make with kids. They love to eat it (for breakfast, snack, or, ahem, dinner in a pinch) it's easy-peasy to make, the house smells wonderful, and most recipes are healthier than the kinds you buy at the store. Today, we made this recipe.
4. Leggings and Big Sweaters. I admit it. I completely overdid this look the first time it came around (I was in high school). And I am probably on the verge of doing it again. But it's the perfect slightly-pulled-together-mom-look that I rock many mornings taking C-Man to school, running errands with my girls, or even out on a casual date with B. I pretty much only do the black legging thing and I've got a bunch of sweaters that work, my current favorite being a charcoal gray open wrap cardigan by Joie that is rather slimming. Just the type of uniform I need when I am in a rush and without a chance to fuss over myself -- which is pretty much all the time these days.
5. Hand-Stitching Felt. When your 4 year old son regularly begs you to "Please, please, please mama, sew something with me!" and he knows more about all things stitchery than you do (he sews at school), it's time to do something about that. I've been stitching some felt projects in JuJu's class and learning a lot from her teacher, and I bought this book. So I can spend some quality time with my son sewing, you know??
6. Lunch With My Girls. I have been going to lunch with my wee girly ones lately and it is so nice. JuJu has such nice table manners and is quite the conversationalist when we are out (even if it is just In-N-Out Burger). I can't wait until they are older and we can just chat about girl stuff. I didn't do enough of that sort of thing with my mom and I am determined to do it with my daughters.
7. A Mother's Helper. Just before Little E was born, B arranged for a very sweet, very eager, very mature 11 year old in our neighborhood to come help me a couple of afternoons a week. I wasn't sure how it was going to work out at first. (Frankly, I was overwhelmed with the idea of 3 children....would this be adding one more to the gang?) But. Let. Me. Tell. You. She has been a lifesaver. She plays with the kids while I'm getting dinner ready or nursing the baby or one of the many other things I do. Best of all, C-Man and JuJu are so happy to see her. She always brings new books to read to them and will crawl around on the floor playing monster way longer than I care to.
8. Homemade Bread. Thanks to encouragement by my friend Sarah, we are making homemade bread several days a week now and it has changed our lives. This deserves it's own post come to think of it, so I'll just stop there.
9. Her Sweet Little Rosebud Mouth. 10. Also, Rubber Band Wrists. Need I say more?