Summer Night.

August 22, 2012

I love the summer.  The energy, the heat, the activities, the swimming, the time with friends and family. The other night I do believe I had the quintessential summer night experience.  It was nothing extraordinary: no celebration, no out of town guests, just a Sunday evening with nothing but all that is special about life in the summer.  We had dinner with best friends.  We call them the Trifecta Family....as in: the moms love each other, the dads love each other and the kids love each other (their three love our three and vice versa).

The kids swam, the parents drank cherry margaritas, we ate homegrown tomatoes, grilled steak and shrimp.  Then after the gorgeous sunset and tiny, perfect moon rose, we went down to their lower yard and had a bonfire and roasted marshmallows for s'mores.
{these kids have known each other their whole lives....i hope that never changes}
{sweetest girls}
{the kids wanted a water slide....so they got one}
{amazing sunset and night swim}
I hope you find some special ways to enjoy these last weeks of summer.....I know I will be!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, happiness. I can feel it. There's something so transcendent about the perfect summer night... especially the So Cal type. Still kinda waiting for Summer here :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like a superb summer afternoon becoming night.... love those too. And E's hair??!!! So gorgeous. I might have to don that one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like heaven...and I love the cherry margarita idea-- going to try it tomorrow night when we have our "trifecta family" over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your summer sounds like an absolute delight. Isn't it so great when you can soak it all in! Aww, love this post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, i need these cherry margaritas before the summer is over. have you posted the recipe and i have missed it?

    it's so nice when all parties are friends. it makes it super fun when no one feels left out of connecting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those kinds of nights are the best. I was going to ask the same thing about the margarita recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's a suggestion--fifteen years from now take a replica "now" picture of them.

    Those are kind of amazing.

    More than kind of, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a perfect evening, we´ve been trying to make the most of those last days of summer as well. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I stumbled upon your blog and officially have a cyber crush on your space. Please don't be freaked out.

    Anyway. You have a new reader in Seattle! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos in here! Summer was really fast & I enjoyed burnt mallows on my s'mores. Got my eye on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! the sunset was perfect for summer vacation:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog and love it! I laughed and cried through your birth story just now. Way to go, persisting so determinedly and finally getting that baby boy out! Please post again soon; you have such an honest, winsome voice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Missing your posts...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...