Update on the Juj.

April 20, 2011

{a stolen photo of miss jujee on a play date with her friend benjamin}
So much to fill you in on with this little lady.  She has come so far since starting school back in September. She was a shy, quiet one....determined that she wanted to go to school, but then hesitated everyday when B or I dropped her off.  She would cling to us, burying her head in our legs (never crying, however).  One day, on a (blessedly) quiet car ride to school, JuJu out of nowhere told B "I'm not going to be shy today, Da-ya."  We had never said boo to her about "working on being not shy."  We were fine with it.  But the little lady wanted to push herself and you know what?  She isn't shy at school anymore.  She chatters away with all of the kids (there are 13 in her class), and she comes home with stories about playing with all of them from time to time.  Her teacher tells us that she is one of the main "conversationalists" (if you can call a 3 year that) at snack and lunchtime.

{happy girl climbing trees}
It's funny, of the 3 kids, she was the latest talker, but this girl is the one with the gift of gab.  She will yammer on about almost anything, just wind her up and watch her go.  (Whereas C-Man is that thoughtful, every-word-carefully-chosen kind of talker.)  I find it especially cute listening to Juju because she can't say her "k's," "g's," or "r's."  I am trying to keep track of her special little language by writing lots of things down.  ;-)



{"chattering" on and on and on and on...}
She hates to have her picture taken which is a big fat bummer because darn it (and maybe I shouldn't say this), I think I like taking pictures of her most of all.  She has this wild spirit that intrigues me, and I just want to capture it with the camera!  But she just doesn't like having attention placed on her in any situation, really.  She will happily join group activities, but if you single her out, she resists.  Oh well.  I can still use the occasional bribe to get her to slow down for a quick snapshot or two.  I also steal them when she's distracted.  (These stolen photos are almost all the photos I have of her in a 2 month period!!)



This girl still loves collecting and caring for bugs and little animals.  Oh boy does she love her creatures.  Lately, it has been snails.  She has 31 right now in a plastic case that she takes to the park, around the yard, to friends' houses, and checks on first thing in the morning.  (I have to rush to turn off the alarm when we wake up because I know she's off to check on them right away.)  She is no priss.  Oh no.  She gets dirty, throws herself into messy work in the yard, and isn't afraid of much (remember the gopher trapping anecdote from the other day?).  She LOVES being outside.  One of my very favorite things is to spy on her when she's outside "chattering" (that's our word for what she does) away to herself (and the snails).


{thinking...snails perhaps?}
She takes awhile to warm up to, but once you're in with Jujee, you're in.  And let me tell you, it's so rewarding to be in with this girl.  You will never, I repeat never, meet a better snuggler...B and I fight over who gets to sit next to JuJu.  :-)  We've used a few different sitters over the past months and she resists them all at first, but she has bonded tightly with Anna and for that we are very thankful.  Once she's yours, she snuggles tightly in your lap, asks you to stay for a sleepover (which she has never had so I don't know why she always offers??), and will tell you all about her little life (and the snails, of course).  She has an edge, though, and if she doesn't know you yet, or if you are her mom and she doesn't like something she is being told, she can fire off a look that could kill.

{this is the look that could kill, if it wasn't obvious}


As I said the other day, she and C-Man bicker constantly and have been doing so for awhile now.  It is really heartbreaking at times.  But one thing that gives me hope is how sweet she (and C-Man) are to Little E.  She is gentle, patient, loving and so sweet with that baby....everything you would hope a big sister would be.
{our sweet middle child.  i love her so.}

14 comments:

  1. Is she a cancer? Sounds like one to me. What a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a shortage of Juj shots. I should send you all of the nature walk ones pronto. Your wild child holds a special place in my heart. There's just something about her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet post. makes me want to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 2 comments: 1. how happy are you that you had a third? With only 2 close in age mine do nothing but bicker. I know if there was a little baby around, they would both be sweet to her/him like yours are. But with only each other - meow! second and 2. Maia is obsessed with sleepovers too even though she has never had one! so funny that they both are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. precious! it's funny - my children are close to the spacing of your kids (i think) and my oldest two are constantly at each other's throats but with my 3rd they are in love...they act like she's the baby (not a baby anymore though..she's 2!) and no one can fight with her. I just keep in mind that i am one of 3 also (me in the middle) and my older sister and I fought like crazy - actually trying to kill each other but now we are SO close it's hard to imagine we ever fought.

    love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are great. She is so much more "girl" and less "baby" lately - waah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love that you wrote this post. Although all your kids are beautiful, Juj is my absolute fave (probably my favorite kid ever, let's be honest). There's just something in those eyes... gets me every time. Also, I'll never forget her dancing video. I'm sad that she's camera-shy because I too love to see her photos! Also, if you could video tape her mad conversational skills... that'd be sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh, she is just so lovely. there's something about that girl... enigmatic and interesting. actually, not that I've ever met her, but your photos are so evocative! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. she sounds amazing. I love the mama stories:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a sweet, sweet post. she is so lovely. i'm so glad you're keeping up with how she is changing. my two yr old is going through a shy phase, too and i'm savoring it. it will be such a change when he too decides to leave his shell.

    ReplyDelete
  11. she is absolute preciousness & I love that she's come out of her shell at school!

    ReplyDelete
  12. she is one lovely girl. and the way you talk about her makes me want to have lots of little girls! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really loved this post. Thanks so much for sharing and letting us in on the little things :) I always recommend your blog to friends, especially those with children or are expecting. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. she is sooooo pretty. not to mention sounds super sweet but come on, the girl could model.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...